MultiTrax, delivery and driver management solution
By Tanya Long, COO Argility Technology Group
Planning deliveries, scheduling and tracking drivers have, at no other time in history, been more important as retailers jostle to retain and grow trade and move to online purchases with timeous delivery.
MultiTrax – developed in-house by Argility – empowers businesses with the ability to schedule deliveries and track drivers. This easy to use App permits efficient route planning, proactive customer notifications, enhanced proof of delivery (PoD) processing and maximisation of driver availability. It is a comprehensive delivery system hosted in the cloud that enables drivers to effectively execute deliveries allocated to them through their smartphones. Moreover, it achieves this with real-time visibility on a management dashboard that enables central planners to effectively schedule deliveries.
MultiTrax has now been expanded to include an additional module that automates driver delivery scheduling (DDS). This is a powerful addition to this innovative product facilitates uploading of outstanding delivery lists – per store or across multiple stores; selection of available drivers; deliveries for selected drivers are added directly to their individual calendars via a drag and drop capability. Through the DDS feature-rich additional module, driver deliveries can be placed on an area map which automatically location tags customers’ addresses for easy route viewing. It also automatically calculates the route and expected delivery time, as well as unload and assembly time. Driver progress can be viewed by planners via an online map view.
The DDS module is not only valuable for warehouse transportations, but can also schedule supply on behalf of stores, or can be used directly within a store for management of its own deliveries.
Integration with current retail or warehouse management solutions is available – removing the need to rip and replace current solutions to move one’s business forward. PoD’s can be integrated in real-time, speeding up processing time, and removing the need for PoD data capture confirmation.
The selection process for the MultiTrax DDS delivery scheduling is enabled through user-friendly drag and drop functionality, providing planners with visual and easy to understand views.
MultiTrax DDS allows customers with no POS or e-commerce integration to obtain all the foregoing benefits. In the case of manual smaller environments, DDS permits customers to pull the data from a manually captured Excel spreadsheet or capture deliveries manually into the system for planning allocation and execution. MultiTrax DDS is, therefore, is a valuable and attractive proposition for small and large enterprises.
MultiTrax DDS functions and features:
- Upload outstanding delivery lists – per store or across multiple stores.
- Select the drivers available.
- Deliveries for selected drivers are added directly to the drivers’ calendars via drag and drop functionality.
- Drag and drop the drivers’ deliveries onto an area map, which automatically location tags the customers delivery address for planners easy route viewing.
- Automatic calculation of route times plus added functionality, that includes unloading and assembly time.
- Proactive calculations of actual expected delivery time to customers.
- Driver progress can be viewed by planners via an online map view.
- Additional functionality is available to include item assembly time requirements allowing maximisation of delivery routes and maintained customer satisfaction levels.
- Future releases of MultiTrax will include item dimensions for delivery vehicle space volumetric planning.
By using the existing MultiTrax driver application features on their smart mobile devices, drivers have:
- Clear route plans.
- Delivery timing targets.
- The ability to communicate directly via SMS with customers allowing for proactive customer notifications of delivery time, or delays, or requests for estate access codes – without intervention from central planners.
- Contactless proof of delivery ability via the use of image uploads and customer own device SMS authentication.
- Central planner decreased telephone costs.
- Driver route planning and management is enhanced.
- Customer experience is maximised through improved customer notifications and direct driver contact – no more unnecessary customer waiting.
- Manage your own delivery fleet efficiently or drive down operating expenses related to salaries plus fleet costs by controlling and using owner-operated private transporters that are pre-vetted to represent your brand on deliveries.
Brief Bio: Tanya Long – Chief Operating Officer, Argility Technology Group
Tanya has 30 years industry experience and is currently the Chief Operating Officer of the Argility Technology Group.
Tanya’s career in the IT sector started in 1988 in IT Support for Point of Sale solutions. She moved formally into software development with UCS/Argility in 1989 as a developer and progressed through to: team leader; account management; project, and development management roles
Tanya is an internationally Certified Consciousness Coach, Enneagram Practitioner, and leadership speaker and facilitator. She is considered a specialist in the fields of culture and engagement and often presents at conferences on the topic of engagement, leadership and coaching. Her strengths lie in her exceptional people management abilities and dedication to precision and execution.
In 2017, Tanya was appointed Human Capital Executive at Argility where she reunited her Retail, IT, Leadership, HR and coaching knowledge to drive her zeal for transformation. In her capacity as COO, she heads up the Sales and Marketing and HR teams whilst driving performance and processes within the group.
Tanya’s vision is to ensure that the Argility Technology Group is filled with engaged, skilled and innovative individuals delivering outstanding customer-centric solutions.